System.InvalidCastException When Importing Word Documents

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
BenRossNES
Jr. Propeller Head

System.InvalidCastException When Importing Word Documents

Post by BenRossNES »

I have been seeing the following error message any time I try to import a Word document into Madcap Flare V11:

"System.InvalidCastException occurred at 8/4/2016 9:24:12 AM

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY))."

This occurs when I attempt to create a new project via "File > New Project > MS Word Documents", or when I try to import a Word document into an existing project via the "Project > Import" feature. At the time this error started cropping up, I had upgraded the Microsoft .NET Framework on my PC to version 4.6. Not sure if this is the root cause.

Has anyone experienced this error before? Any input about this or how I could resolve it would be very helpful.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: System.InvalidCastException When Importing Word Document

Post by wclass »

Others have had this problem in the past, and usually running a Repair on Word will fix it - looks like a problem with the system environment. Worth a try.
Installaing .NET probably shouldn't break things, but it does change the system which could cause problems.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
BenRossNES
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by BenRossNES »

Thanks for your help....I will give that a try tomorrow.
BenRossNES
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by BenRossNES »

This resolved my problem....thanks again!