Suddenly cannot import Word OR FM

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
trishe57
Propeller Head

Suddenly cannot import Word OR FM

Post by trishe57 »

Hi all,

I recently got a new computer. It had a weird issue with Notepad++ popping up every so often. IT came, went to the Win registry to remove the offending program.

NOW when I try to import, the browse window starts to open, freezes up, and Flare stops responding. I've unbound the project, I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Rebooted. Nothing helps. I even reinstalled Notepad++! Oh, and I did the "run as administrator" think too. No joy. Has anyone ever encountered this issue? I'm suddenly dead in the water.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Suddenly cannot import Word OR FM

Post by SteveS »

Have you checked the dotNet framework?
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Can also try reinstalling Flare. Maybe that puts the bits back into place that went missing.
trishe57
Propeller Head

Post by trishe57 »

I just worked with my company's IT and we looked at Java, Silverlight, and Flash, since those things were recently updated. Silverlight was corrupt but that didn't fix it. We also checked virus scan - no apparent issue there. We did not check dot Net. What should I look for?

I have uninstalled/reinstalled about four times, including going back a version on Flare. I've run as admin, no joy. We're about to have to reimage my machine. Oddly, I'm the only one having this issue. Our spam filter blocks Flare tech support, so I hear back from them about every two days when the spam digest arrives.

What would a dot net fix entail?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

DotNet fix is either a fix through the installed programs or in newer Windows versions it is a Windows feature. It is similar to a repair of any other installed app.