H4 not H1 as page break from html folder import

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
Heather-A54
Jr. Propeller Head

H4 not H1 as page break from html folder import

Post by Heather-A54 »

I want to import folders containing many files/topics from html folders (created in Dreamweaver) to create a single pdf output.
My problem is that I want a new page to start at H4 (not H1) and I also only want H1 to appear in my TOC not H2, H3 or H4 etc.....e.g.

H4 is at the top of each page and is the Heading or name of the discipline that each of my topics are in

H1 is below and is the name of my topic (this is what I want to appear in my TOC)

I can't find where I request my page breaks to occur.

thanks
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: H4 not H1 as page break from html folder import

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome to the forums! :)

I'm a little confused. Are you talking about where you want Flare to break imported content into topics or where you want Flare to break to a new page when it generates printed output? Those are two different things.

Also, I'm not a CSS or structure expert, but it strikes me as odd that an H4 will be followed by an H1.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: H4 not H1 as page break from html folder import

Post by SteveS »

Hm. Certainly not best practice in the use of headings. And if I doubt if the online output would comply with accessibility standards...

Anyway, it is what it is.

The property you are looking for is page-break-before. You can set it for your H4 in the style sheet, create a special H4 class for those instances where it should be used, or you can create a generic style and apply it manually to fine tune your output by using it on any object that you want at the top of the page.

If you are applying it your H4 styles it is listed under the print support properties. If you want to create a generic style the easiest way is to create it as a H4 style, open the stylesheet in a text editor and remove the H4 part of the new style so it starts with a full stop (period in US speak).

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.