Flare 10 import creates duplicate image files

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
RThompson
Jr. Propeller Head

Flare 10 import creates duplicate image files

Post by RThompson »

Hi there,

I have a Flare 10 issue that I am hoping someone can help me with.

Currently when I import a Framemaker book that uses a certain image throughout (and in different documents within the book) Flare will duplicate the *.png file for each instance of use. I end up with:
Add_1.png
Add_2.png
Add_3.png
Add_4.png
etc

This is not an issue when importing the same Framemaker book into the same Flare project using Flare 8.

Does anyone know of a solution, or a workaround for this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Be_eM
Propeller Head

Re: Flare 10 import creates duplicate image files

Post by Be_eM »

Hi,

bumping this old question, because this still happens with the latest version of Flare 2017 on import of a FrameMaker file. Trying to move FrameMaker documents in 30 languages over to Flare, so manually re-linking all these images to a single instance is not an option. How to solve it?

And while we're talking about imported images from FrameMaker: I have understood that combined images from an anchored frame in FrameMaker are converted using Acrobat Distiller. But where and how is it defined that these images end up as *.jpg in the resources/content folder? I don't seem to find the place where I can set up any options for these images, as the Distiller setup only defines what happens between the original FrameMaker image and an intermediate PDF, which isn't actually used.

Thanks,
Bernd
Dave1975
Propeller Head

Re: Flare 10 import creates duplicate image files

Post by Dave1975 »

Same issue with the image duplication in Flare 2017...
Any known workarounds that maybe could be carried out in batch? Duplicates take up a lot of space but relinking would take quite some time, which is not what we have lots of I'm afraid.

grtz

Dave