Moving Files Doesn't Update TOC

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
TheBrittleTechWriter
Propeller Head

Moving Files Doesn't Update TOC

Post by TheBrittleTechWriter »

In some cases after moving files and folders to a new location, the TOC does not properly update the paths/links to the new location, even though I clicked Update Links. I've tried moving the file back to the original location and try it again, but it never does update. I end up just manually updating the paths in the TOC file myself.

Has anyone encountered this? Any reason for this happening?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Moving Files Doesn't Update TOC

Post by Nita Beck »

In my experience, the database of dependencies (stored in the Analyzer folder) occasionally gets corrupted. At the very first sign that Flare is not properly updating links after I've moved or renamed or deleted something, I close Flare, delete the Analyzer folder, and then reopen the project. Flare will rebuild a fresh dependencies database, and I then proceed.

Unfortunately, the only way to fix the links that weren't updated automatically is to re-establish them by hand. This is why my "Spidey sense" is so high the first time I realize Flare's not updating links as it should. I'd rather stop what I'm doing and do the above actions than go merrily along my way moving and renaming and deleting and ignoring that Flare's not updating the links.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!