Removing Old Files in Child Project

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
kgmarie
Propeller Head

Removing Old Files in Child Project

Post by kgmarie »

I didn't know what terminology to search for this issue by, so forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere.

Is there a way to have Flare remove files from a child project that were imported from a linked parent project, but no longer exist in the parent project?

The issue here is that I may delete/move/rename a file in the parent project, and then when I import into the child project, those old copies don't also get deleted/moved/renamed. Only new stuff gets added, so then I have a bunch of duplicate files. It makes for a pain in clean up because I have to either make diligent notes about everything I changed, or try to remember, or do side-by-side, etc.

There must be some feature I don't have enabled where Flare can see that a linked file in the child project is no longer in the parent project, and can automatically remove it?

Thanks.
Robotman
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Removing Old Files in Child Project

Post by Robotman »

If I understand you correctly, you would have imported your files using an Import file (Project Organiser > Imports).

There are two options in the Source Project tab:
1. Delete stale files
2. Delete unreferenced files

So, if the files in your child project are still globally connected, then using the above options can remove them, as required.

More information on them here:
http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... -Files.htm
\m/ Gary \m/
Flare 2020 / Windows 10 64-Bit
Screaming Symphony
kgmarie
Propeller Head

Re: Removing Old Files in Child Project

Post by kgmarie »

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. I just didn't know the name for it/how to search for it.