Problems importing lists in Word document

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Problems importing lists in Word document

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Afternoon all. Currently banging my head against a brick wall with lists in Word not behaving when imported into Flare.

I have a document (well, hundreds of the flipping things, actually) all styled with Word styles (no inline formatting) including list items. In the .flimp file, Word style ListNumber maps to li.ListNumber and ListNumber2 maps to li.ListNumber2. Both ListNumber and ListNumber2 are defined in Flare.

One of my styles isn't importing correctly, and comes in as JUST a <li> with no <ol> container like this:

Code: Select all

<li class="ListNumber"><span style="margin-right: 0pt;">1. </span>Use <b class="Strong">ListNumber</b> for all first-level numbered lists. <b class="Strong">ListNumber</b> will be used for most of your numbered lists.</li>
but the other style imports as I would expect, and comes in like this:

Code: Select all

<ol style="list-style-type: decimal;margin-left: 57pt;" start="1">
            <li class="ListNumber2">Use <b class="Strong">ListNumber2</b> for all second-level (nested) numbered lists. This style will be used much less often.</li>
        </ol>
(Incidentally I run a series of search and replace stuff after import to tidy this lot up so it doesn't matter that the <ol> has loads of "style" stuff added, but this is the "raw" stuff before it's tidied up.)

I can't see what I need to change in my Word style to make the first style behave properly, as I have a different document that used a slightly different naming convention for styles that behaved properly, and I can't see the difference between them.

Any suggestions or pointers where I should look are very welcome, this is driving me mad - why can't Word and Flare play nicely!!! :evil:
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx