adding (imported) file(s) to TOC

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
Gucek001
Jr. Propeller Head

adding (imported) file(s) to TOC

Post by Gucek001 »

Hello everyone. Fresh Flare 11 user here (we will probably upgrade, hoping for some bugs fixed and *maybe* some support..)

We have huge documentation that I need to bring up-to-date. I imported some MS Word file into separate project (just to test how it works and to not break anything in existing main project). It worked pretty well, so I decided to Import it to main - so far - so good. (I tried "direct" approach with with Importing MS Word straight to main project - didn't work that well - another story).

So.. How to include those imported files (as the original file got nicely divided and I may forget about it now).. into TOC?!?? I tried drag'n'drop from Content Explorer and it actually crashes Flare (not entirely, tho). :)

The output is PDF (quite urgent) and HTML5 (in the future). I just want to put freshly added HTML file next to existing ones in the TOC tree - how complicated / convoluted can it be? :(

TIA!!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: adding (imported) file(s) to TOC

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Not sure I've understood the problem correctly, so apologies if I've got the stick by the wrong end.

In the project that you're importing from, I suggest you include all your topics in a folder inside the Content Explorer, so that when stuff is imported (are you using GPL?) then you'll be able to find the newly imported topics easily.
You should then be able to just drag the topics out of that folder onto your TOC.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Gucek001
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: adding (imported) file(s) to TOC

Post by Gucek001 »

Hah!

*Should be* is the keyword here. It crashed everytime it tried to start drag'n'drop from explorer. *But*, when I moved same notebook to the office - it worked flawlessly!!. The only main difference is Dell 2711 monitor with 2560×1440 @home - Flare reacted badly to it even on the first run (had some trouble changing window size).

So - I think it (semi-)works as I originally expected. (just another bug, tho..) :(

Thanks!