Change location of HTML File Set source file

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
purrplexity
Propeller Head

Change location of HTML File Set source file

Post by purrplexity »

For whatever reason, my predecessor as official Flare resource for my company decided we would link Flare project to Flare project by importing content as HTML File Sets and now I need to update the location of the source file, due to server restructuring, and I cannot figure out how to do that directly.

I can see that I can add a new folder of source files to the same import, and I am hoping that I can add the new location, have the imported files stored in the same location in the project, and then delete the original import source file. There is a nice and easy way to do this with Flare project imports, though, and I was hoping there would be a less ridiculous way of updating my source file locations for HTML. There are about 250 of these that I will need to update, so I am not very excited.

Anyone have any ideas or experience? Documentation has been limited and I haven't found anything else related in the forum. Thanks!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Change location of HTML File Set source file

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I suggest you import a Flare PROJECT (if your html files are in Flare projects). You can then edit the import file to ONLY import HTML files, so I think it would do the trick.

If there's only a few files in a project that you want to import to another one, in the source project you could add a condition that you apply to the files you want to use elsewhere and add that condition to the import file so it only takes the files marked with the condition.

If you search on the forums for Global Project Linking (or GPL) you should find quite a few threads on the subject - I know I've written detailed posts on how I've done it. I won't repeat myself here in case I've misunderstood what you're trying to do, but do ask more if you need to.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx