Error when embedding interactive Mimic content

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
Murray
Jr. Propeller Head

Error when embedding interactive Mimic content

Post by Murray »

So Flare lets us embed Mimic project files in our help system topics that compile when we render HTML5 help output. The resulting video displays inline in the output. However, every time I try to do this, I get the following error: System.NullReferenceException occurred at 7/29/2019 12:48:45 PM Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

As I understand it this is a legitimate Windows error event that Flare will just sort of throw every time something it doesn't understand goes wrong.

I WAS eventually able to successfully embed Mimic projects in the Flare topic by handcrafting the appropriate code, and the output works just fine. And, per the title of the post, this error only happens if the Mimic project contains interactivity - if it's just a video with no input for the user, then it embeds just fine with the normal Flare menus.

Does anyone know for a solution to/workaround for this? My team isn't as used to poking around the guts of Flare content as I am and I don't want to hand this down as the official process for embedding Mimic stuff if there's a better way.