Auto-reimport / Manual Reimport not working

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
JeffAlan
Propeller Head

Auto-reimport / Manual Reimport not working

Post by JeffAlan »

I have imported several MS Word Documents in my project and I have selected Auto-reimport before ‘Generate Output’ for all of them. I also have unchecked Disable auto-sync of all import files on the General tab of my target, but when I build the Primary or manually Reimport, then the generated HTML output does not show the updates that I had made in the Word docs. Also, when I update one of the Word docs and then click Build Primary, a message says “The output for the target is UP-TO-DATE.” Thank you for your help.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Auto-reimport / Manual Reimport not working

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Have you edited the stuff in Flare after you imported it? When you do that a dialog box appears that lets you pick whether to: continue with operation, remove the link and continue with operation, or remove the link and cancel the operation. If you select the first and then save, you can save the document and remove the link. Is there any chance you did any of that?
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
JeffAlan
Propeller Head

Re: Auto-reimport / Manual Reimport not working

Post by JeffAlan »

No, I did not do that. As a test, I imported one of the Word docs into a different project. Then I added one sentence, then manually reimported, then built the primary, and the generated HTML output shows the update of the added sentence. :o Then I manually reimported the same doc in my original project, and it also now shows the update, so it is working now. :) Thank you again for your help.