Define Folders to Import topics into?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
claypool
Propeller Head

Define Folders to Import topics into?

Post by claypool »

Hi All - I've been spinning my wheels on this, and I can't figure out what I am missing. I have one section of topics that I need to import from another project. Is there a way to define a folder for them to be imported into? They are part of a bigger subset of documents that are all under the same title (say, references), so I have a subfolder in my content explorer Content > References. It would be great if the files from the other Flare project imported directly into that folder. So far, I don't see how to make that happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Holly
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Define Folders to Import topics into?

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

The way I handle it is to have the folder name in the Content folder of the source project.

For example, I have projects called DV and RV that I import into several other projects. In the DV project I put topics in \Content\DV and images in \Content\DVimages, with a similar structure in the RV project.

When those projects are imported into my big project, my \Content folder now has sub-folders \DV, \DVimages, \RV and \RVimages, as well as any other sub-folders I created.

I find this very helpful as I can see at a glance where a topic originated from.

If you want ALL of your imported topics to go into a single folder in your target folder, say "\Imports", then in your source projects create a folder called \Imports and put stuff in there. The disadvantage of this approach is that you have to be certain that your various source projects don't have topics etc with the same names, as the second import will overwrite what comes in from the first import without telling you.

Hope that helps.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
claypool
Propeller Head

Re: Define Folders to Import topics into?

Post by claypool »

Thanks so much for the insight. that worked exactly as I was hoping. :)