Getting Confluence Import to show spaces

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
jhmcmullen
Jr. Propeller Head

Getting Confluence Import to show spaces

Post by jhmcmullen »

I am sure that I'm missing something obvious here, but when I try to import a Confluence page, the workspaces dropdown (for both the wizard and the create-import-file page) shows me the first 25 spaces and no more.

We have used Confluence for years, and every employee and every broad grouping has a space. You don't even get to our product document workspaces until you get to the first letter of the product name. The (old) product name starts with an R. The (new) product name now starts with a V. The first 25 gets me to the start of the letter C.

I might be looking for documentation in the wrong place: what I have seen so far is glossy and attractive and useless. It contains no information I didn't get from the GUI.

I can foresee a time when I have to apply new branding to old documentation, and it would be easy (well, easier) if the Confluence-to-Flare part were a big chunk that got done automatically. But if I can't get to the docs space, well, it won't be a help, will it?

Is there a way to get Flare to look beyond the first 25 workspaces? Do I have to figure out the workspace name and put it into a dummy .flimpconf file? (Except it keeps giving me the darned wizard instead of going on to do the right thing, so if that's the next step, I need a bit more hand-holding.)
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Getting Confluence Import to show spaces

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I don't know if this approach will be helpful as I don't use Confluence, but when I need to use a Word import file I often create a basic one and then edit it in a text editor. Would that be an easier approach for you while the wizard is lacking? I can't test it because we don't have Confluence here, but could be worth a go.

And because you're having problems, do please raise a bug report (see my signature for a link) with clear details about what you need it to do - I would have thought some kind of Browse would have been pretty high on the list! The more people report that kind of thing, the more likely it is to get looked at.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
jhmcmullen
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Getting Confluence Import to show spaces

Post by jhmcmullen »

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond -- my email helpfully filed notification of the message as potential spam and I just discovered it.

Creating a simple tester file in confluence isn't a particularly useful strategy here because it has to be in a space I can access, and I can't create spaces willy-nilly, being just a humble tech writer and not a Confluence God (tm). However, I shall report the issue as a bug -- if there isn't a browse feature, that's a bug; if there is a browse feature, it's a bug that I can't spot it.

Thank you for your help.

John