flprj file not created when importing from chm

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
mwb97267
Jr. Propeller Head

flprj file not created when importing from chm

Post by mwb97267 »

I'm trying to import a RoboHelp project into Flare. I'm using a chm file to strip the variable tags that RoboHelp uses since they seem to be imported into the new project when I use the "Import RoboHelp" option. Flare will run through the process of importing everything in without giving any error warnings, but ends by indicating that the import failed because it cannot find the flprj file, and of course, half the folders and files are missing from the new import location. Odd thing is, it worked beautifully this morning. I had all my topics import into Flare, and applied a simply Python script to strip all the inline formatting Robo is known for. I've tried everything I can think of to fix the issue: repaired Flare using Windows installer, reinstalled Flare, cleaned my registry, recreated the original chm file...nothing works. I'm sure it's something basic I am missing, but being a newbie I don't know what to look for.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but with the chm that worked this morning there was a masterpage that defined the header and footer in RoboHelp. To get rid of the header, I created a new masterpage without a header or footer. I'm not sure if the problem has something to do with that process? Like I said, it worked this morning. Anyone have any suggestions?
techwriter31
Propellus Maximus

Re: flprj file not created when importing from chm

Post by techwriter31 »

I'm not sure what may be happening with the Robohelp import, as it's been a long time since I went through that process.

Here are a few other options that you could try - but I can't guarantee they will be any better/cleaner! :) I've used these methods when importing CHMs produced using tools other than Robohelp.

1) Use the File > New Project > HTML Help (CHM) import option. I've had success with this in the past.
2) Possibly as a last resort, you could decompile the CHM using KeyTools and then use the File > New Project > HTML Help Project (HHP) to import the HHP that is output as part of the decompile. KeyTools is OLD, but I used it within the last year to import a legacy CHM, and it worked! http://keyworks.helpmvp.com/home/keytools
Kellie