Importing HTML file set (Flare generated) into Flare

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
Kanadka
Jr. Propeller Head

Importing HTML file set (Flare generated) into Flare

Post by Kanadka »

I have an HTML file set that was generated by Flare but I don't have the Flare project. I've imported the set into Flare (using New Project > HTML File Set) and was hoping that since it was generated by Flare that I wouldn't have to do too much clean up, but that was wishful thinking. Mostly, I was hoping the TOCs would import over, but they didn't. Is there a way to get the imported TOCs to match the generated output TOCs? Right now it's just one flat TOC with all the topics listed.
Toko
Propeller Head

Re: Importing HTML file set (Flare generated) into Flare

Post by Toko »

I have the same problem.

Imported a folder containing subfolders of HTML files - all imported correctly with regards to hierarchical structure of location of HTML files under their subfolders, but TOC is flat!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Importing HTML file set (Flare generated) into Flare

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Unfortunately, no. I think you're going to have to work through the TOC to put files in the right structure. But you can do that using the arrow buttons about two thirds along in the TOC Editor local toolbar. If you start from the top of the TOC, compare it to the generated help and click the right arrow (Move item to the right) then if you work methodically you should be able to do it without getting too confused.

Just getting the TOC sorted is only one of the steps you'll need to do. Because the HTML output is quite a bit different from whatever it was generated from, you won't have any variables, snippets, conditions etc, probably other stuff too, so expect to do quite a bit of work on the content in your new project, depending on how complex the generated help is. (Sorry!)
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx