Flare deletes some files after re-importing from confluence

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
zappy0
Propeller Head

Flare deletes some files after re-importing from confluence

Post by zappy0 »

Greetings. I have a large Confluence site and I have used the Flare importer to bring it into a Flare project. I am leaving the file links in place and I often re-import files because the development staff prefer using Confluence to edit documents. The re-import process works nicely with one exception. When I import a batch of files, I clear the checkboxes for the previous import from the Imports file. Then I check the boxes next to the files I want to re-import in the current batch. I have also been deleting the HTML files in my Flare project that I want to replace. When I launch the import, I can see the new (replacement) HTML files are created and if there are new images, those are also imported. Then, often times, another dialog box is displayed and some of my previously-import files (it appears random as to which ones but it's often a contiguous set from the list) are deleted thus I end up with several missing HTML files AND all of the images files linked from those HTML files. I can work around that by committing all of my project files to the repository after each import and then discarding the deletes but that takes time and I'm not confident in the end result. (1) Has anyone else seen that issue and (2) what can I do to prevent it from occurring? Thank you.
zappy0
Propeller Head

Re: Flare deletes some files after re-importing from conflue

Post by zappy0 »

I heard back from the fine folks at Madcap support regarding the seemingly random file delete on re-import. The reply is "...the Confluence import is generally intended as a means to transfer content from Confluence into Flare to continue working in Flare. Reimporting repeatedly from Confluence will allow you to pull newly edited content into Flare, but there is not much in the way of integration on the Flare side for this particular functionality currently." Thus, I think this is stating that my attempt to use Confluence as the source and re-import often into Flare isn't recommended....or perhaps isn't without the possibility of these problems. I requested that my desire for additional Confluence-Flare integration be communicated to development.

My initial import from Confluence to Flare produced excellent results so I would not want to dissuade anyone from using the import. Just be aware there could be problems if you plan to re-import a file or two periodically to keep your Flare project in sync with your Confluence site. Another possibility is that I have set up something incorrectly and I am the only one with issues.