Import Word docs from SharePoint and producing new outputs

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
sboltz
Propeller Head

Import Word docs from SharePoint and producing new outputs

Post by sboltz »

I have a group of contributors I want to work with and they do not have access to Flare. I want to try having source content in several word documents on SharePoint. The idea is to have them add/update content in the documents (following some basic rules like using headings) and then update the Flare import file. I have the connection to the SharePoint server working. I copied a Word document to test this and am able to synchronize the files. Yeah!

I then imported the copied Word document so that I could create the topics based on the headings. So far so good. The problem comes in when content is updated in the Word document. I then have to reimport which is okay. But it created a duplicate topic for the section that I updated (appended _1 to the end).

How can I avoid this and do you have any recommendations for going about this scenario? We will be producing HTML 5 output and adding content based on priority, not necessarily in a logical order.

Thanks!
Suzette
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Import Word docs from SharePoint and producing new outpu

Post by Psider »

There's a setting to link generated files to source files that you use when you want to maintain the content in Word. Do you have that set? See the 'Reimport' heading here for more info. https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... -Files.htm
sboltz
Propeller Head

Re: Import Word docs from SharePoint and producing new outpu

Post by sboltz »

Thanks, I appreciate it. I have been unable to have the Link generated files to source files work because it generates an error saying, "String cannot be of zero length. Parameter name: oldValue" I've tried many times with different things and nothing is working.
Suzette