Importing RoboHelp 7 files

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
oldhousegeek84
Propeller Head

Importing RoboHelp 7 files

Post by oldhousegeek84 »

For various complicated reasons, we have a project in RoboHelp 7 that I need to import into Flare 3.1.

From discussions on this forum in November, it seems that Flare doesn't support imports from version 7 of RoboHelp. Is this still true?

If so, how tough is it to clean up imported RoboHelp 7 files after they're in Flare?

Thanks!

Marsha
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Importing RoboHelp 7 files

Post by doc_guy »

I have not heard about RH7 import support yet from Support, but maybe if you contact them directly they will be able to give you suggestions on what you can do to get your files imported.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Its not currently possible to import a RH 7 Project into Flare, You could try to import the HHP file instead of the XPJ, My only concern would be the conversion of the HTML files themselves.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
dejah
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by dejah »

I can see that this is an older post, but I thought it might be good to note that Flare 4 does import RH 7 files. I'm doing that now, although not without incident.
wijnand
Propeller Head

Post by wijnand »

You can let flare import the robohelp 6/7 projects. Sadly you will lose a few of the things that are new to those Robohelps. the Conditionals will not properlty convert, and the variables / snippets are also missing.