replacing files during reimport

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
JaneB
Jr. Propeller Head

replacing files during reimport

Post by JaneB »

I have a very large frame document I am using. Everytime I go to Imports and "reimport" file book, flare pops up a window asking if I want to overwrite files. The window contains over 300 files. I don't know what all has been changed in the frame document so I need to select all these files to be overwritten. The problem is that they have little check boxes next to each file that I must check to overwrite. Is there some way to default this to have all the boxes checked so I don't have to check them individually?
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: replacing files during reimport

Post by wclass »

I haven't found a "select all" button yet. What I do when re-importing Word files is just delete the existing ones from the import folder. With the file list I can do them all at once, though I don't have 300+ to import. (PS - I had other problems re-importing Word - deleting all the files made it run faster). I also delete the existing master page and TOC that gets generated.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
JaneB
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by JaneB »

The only item in the import folder is the .flimpfm file. Do you mean the content exlorer? I have not tried deleteing them from there. I tried deleting them from the content folder in windows explorer but that did not get rid of the dialog.
PS - I had other problems re-importing Word - deleting all the files made it run faster
I have problems reimporting also, although I am using Frame. I have the project set up to link to the original Frame documents since it is still being modified. However when I try to reimport, it just hangs Flare and I have to kill it. I found if I delete all the files, the reimport will work however much of the customization I have done in the project then gets lost (setting properties on sections in the TOC, customization imported css styles and customized cross references.)
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

Yes, I meant the Content Explorer.

My Word problems look to be the same as your Frame ones. At the moment, I am only using the import/re-import feature during the review phase, and so I haven't customised any properties. I find I can happily delete. I have reported the crashing problem, but don't have a solution yet (other than delete).
pnixon
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by pnixon »

Hi,

Margaret's previous post was:

"... using the import/re-import feature ...I find I can happily delete. I have reported the crashing problem, but don't have a solution yet (other than delete)."

Was this problem ever solved? Is there a patch?

I have the same problem:
- I want to update a project with the latest version of my Word source file.
- I start the re-import and see the dialog box to select which files to update ("Some previously imported documents have been changed, do you want to overwrite these?").
- Flare looks as though it is doing something, but it just hangs there and has to be killed from Task Manager.

Deleting is not a solution - I want to selectively overwrite. It looks to me as though an important feature is not working. Anybody know the status?
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

Was this problem ever solved? Is there a patch?
I haven't heard of a patch. I have re-imported successfully when I select every topic to be overwritten (would be time consuming for big projects), or when I first delete all the existing topics, and they get regenerated. At this stage I don't do this regularly, or for big projects, so I get by.
JaneB
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by JaneB »

I have not heard of a patch yet either. I have a large project I need to update in the next couple of weeks and am dreading the process. Between this problem and a few others I have reported, it takes me a solid day to reimport and clean up the mess. If this was all working smoothly it should only take an hour or so.