Controlling autonumbering from FM

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
Will Gaffga
Propeller Head

Controlling autonumbering from FM

Post by Will Gaffga »

Hi - Any advice on autonumbering? We keep a running tally of figures across the chapters in a book. When I do an import the numbers reset on each HTML page.

That is not great but understandable to an extent. I would like to know how to fix that.

More importantly, when a figure is referenced that is not on the page, the numbering is correct, so that you get some huge jump in numbering. On top of that, the link to the figure on another page is broken ... clicking it does nothing. It is an unresolved link. HTML follows.

Code: Select all

<a class="MCXref_Figure_Number" MadCap:unresolvedLink="import-link:Modeling_1144214791_27982" xrefformat="Figure {paranumonly}">Figure 21</a>
In case all of this is not clear, an image.
SNAG-218.png
Thanks for any input.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Controlling autonumbering from FM

Post by KevinDAmery »

Do you see this in the XML editor or in your built output? When working in the XML editor, autonumbers always start at 1, but typically (i.e. as long as everything is set up correctly) it shows the proper number in the built output. (Why? Because Flare doesn't know what the order of topics is going to be in the output. Flare supports multiple TOCs per project, so your topics may be in a different order in different TOCs, making the numbering different in each.)

If you haven't already, try compiling some output and see what the numbers do in that case.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
Will Gaffga
Propeller Head

Re: Controlling autonumbering from FM

Post by Will Gaffga »

This is in the output.