ehlpdhtm.js

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
davidgolden99
Propeller Head

ehlpdhtm.js

Post by davidgolden99 »

I imported a RHx5 project. When I compile the project to a FrameMaker target, several of the topics are listed in the error report with this type of error:

Message="Unresolved link to: [file & path]. File may not be included in the TOC or the destination may not exist."

These files all appear to contain the script "ehlpdhtm.js". Will I damage the project by removing this script from the topics?
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: ehlpdhtm.js

Post by KevinDAmery »

Welcome to the forums.

I haven't been able to find a copy of that file in any of my projects, and a quick Google search on the file name only returns Robohelp related hits. I'd say it's a legacy RH file, so you should be able to remove it. Having said that, there may be legacy RH code in the topics that points to that file, so you may get other errors until you can locate and remove that code as well.

What some users find easier in these cases is to create a new topic in Flare and copy the text etc. from the original topic into the new topic (then point the TOC etc. to the new one, of course). The copy won't take the RH code along, so it cleans things out pretty well.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

These files all appear to contain the script "ehlpdhtm.js". Will I damage the project by removing this script from the topics?
You can remove this file, and references to it without causing damage. It was generated by RH and contains scripts for dynamic html - like pop-ups and rollovers etc., which are done differently in Flare. When we did our project conversions from RH, we found that we could easily remove the lines with just a little bit of regular expression knowledge. We have converted 25+ projects without problems.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
Lalitharaman
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lalitharaman »

Hello,

I am facing similar problem while importing from RH 5 to Flare 4.

Problem1: After importing from RH to Flare, when I generated HTML chm output, there were "missing links" errors for the following java scripts:
showhide.js
ehlpdhtm.js

showhide.js is not there in RH source files. but it is there in the code. I created a blank .js file with the same name and it worked. Is it okay to do this?

I found the ehlpdhtm.js file in the RH source, so manually copied it to the Flare project and no more errors are reported during chm file generation. Is it okay to do this?

Problem 2: After importing from RH to Flare, when I generated HTML chm output, there were missing links errors for the following java scripts:
BSSCdhtm.js
ehlpdhtm.js

I could not find these files in the RH source files.
What is the best approach, should I remove the reference to these files from the source or shall I create a blank script by the same name?

Thanks & regards,
Lalitha
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

I think anythinjg that starts with "ehlp" is safe to take out. That looks like "eHelp", which is one of the many company names under which RoboHelp was released. I would even do that with the topics / links for which your created empty files. It probably won't hurt to do it that way, but I think having a clean project is better than one that is patched together.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

If you are in a hurry you can just create the blank versions of the required files, but I'd recommend that you delete them and clean out all references to them. Working from memory here, when we migrated, the RH window definitions were converted to Flare skins, and this info is coded into the ehlp files. If you try to delete skins or rename them down the track you can get into strife. Maybe you can test this while you have the migration files in front of you.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
Lalitharaman
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lalitharaman »

Thanks Ramon and Margret.