Trial version of FrameMaker-importing issue

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
LNiB
Jr. Propeller Head

Trial version of FrameMaker-importing issue

Post by LNiB »

Hi,

Is it possible to import FrameMaker files if I only have the trial version of it installed? (FrameMaker v8, full version of Flare v3.1)

I am following the notes of a Flare course and cannot get past the Import section. After the "Importing a FrameMaker Document" section, the working examples reference items I do not see. I presume they would have been imported in the FrameMaker example. I installed the trial version of FrameMaker to overcome this block but still get "Adobe FrameMaker is required to import FrameMaker documents"
Thanks,
Laoise
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Trial version of FrameMaker-importing issue

Post by Richard Ferrell »

I am not sure what the limitation of FrameMaker 8 are, but With Flare it shouldn't be a problem,
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
gkidder
Propeller Head

Post by gkidder »

I had the identical problem. It's a FrameMaker 8 thing. You need to install the patch for Flare to use FrameMaker 8. I don't know if you can install that on the trial version or not.

I used the trial version of Flare successfully with FrameMaker 7.1. Then I upgraded to FrameMaker 8 and bought the full version of Flare and hit the wall with this problem. I was desperate, but once I installed the patch everything was cool.

I'm attaching the file that MadCap support sent me to fix this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LNiB
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by LNiB »

Worked like a charm!
Very much appreciated :mrgreen: