Reimport shows strange dialog

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
amberlink
Propeller Head

Reimport shows strange dialog

Post by amberlink »

I'm trying to "reimport" my files which seem to not be in my project (made an earlier post about trying to import my files into a Flare project, having issues there, so figured, I'd try the method in the help).

I can reimport one of the file but the second one shows the following dialog box:

Failed to run command 'Reimport...'.

Exception:
Form showDialog tried to set and ineligible form as its owner. Forms cannot own themselves or their owners.
Parameter name: owner

Anyone know what this means?

Also seeing this dialog box:

Failed to run command 'Reimport...'.
Exception:
ValueDispose() cannot be called while doing CreateHandler().

both are Ok type dialogs.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Reimport shows strange dialog

Post by Richard Ferrell »

If you create a new import file in flare and add this second file does in import correctly?
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
SusanL
Propeller Head

Post by SusanL »

I received the same error message, but I was using the Clean Project command:

Restarting IIS cured this.

I have been using the Word Import feature heavily, and have had some other problems such as one file showing up in the TOC in WebHelp Plus, but when clicked, indicates that there is no url, but there is a javascript:void(0) error in the status bar. I deleted the problem file from the TOC and created a separate import file and linked the TOC, and it now works in WebHelp, however when I try to view the same project for the WebHelp Plus target after building it (with no errors), I get this error:

Waiting does not help, but restarting IIS does.

Is IIS the usual culprit? I'm running Flare 4 on Windows XP.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

I'm always tempted to blame IIS, because it is just bad software. Unfortunately, you have to deal with it if you want to use WebHelp Plus since MadCap decided to support this time the product that is not running on the majority of web servers.
What you could do is stop IIS, then compile, then restart IIS. That should get you around this error, but it isn't an option for a production server.
SusanL
Propeller Head

Post by SusanL »

It does seem that whenever I run into a problem, restarting IIS fixes it. Sort of like always jiggling the handle to get the toilet to stop running, instead of replacing the flapper valve. :wink:
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Well, fixing this issue would mean to use something else than IIS. Using the XAMPP stack would have made more sense, it performs better than ASP.NET on IIS and is much easier to deploy, administer, and troubleshoot. And it would be platform independent. That all doesn't help you much, so I guess you have to keep wiggling the handle to flush IIS down the toilet.
Still, you may want to report this here: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx