You guys fixed it, I'm so very happy

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
amberlink
Propeller Head

You guys fixed it, I'm so very happy

Post by amberlink »

Every time in Flare 3.1 I imported a word document, my TOC would NOT import properly, meaning I could break at heading 1 and had to recreate all the sub-toc levels. Now, I reimported all of my source documents and ALL of the sub-toc levels are created automatically.

Wow, an upgrade that DIDN'T break stuff. The other features I'm anxious to try out and was wondering if anyone else has had a chance to try out specifically the following:

List of Proxy (how come this is called a proxy?)
Global Project Linking (this is something I plan on using extensively as I'm tasked with creating libraries of documents that have many cross-links)
Concept Proxy
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: You guys fixed it, I'm so very happy

Post by forfear »

These are the super new features for Flare 4 that all the demos talk about. And it is an industry first at least in this authoring space and market segment i think.
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
SPearsall
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by SPearsall »

Uh, this sounds like happy news, but here's my question for MadCap: Did you break the TOC support for FrameMaker files in Flare 4.0?

Used to be, you could do an import of the FrameMaker book file, TOC and all, and you'd end up with a decent TOC in Flare. Then you could make customizations to the TOC (after all, online Help shouldn't have the exact same TOC as the User Guide) and save it with the "Save and Break the Link" option selected. Subsequent imports would preserve your TOC customizations.

I can't figure out how, with Flare 4.0, I can preserve my TOC customizations. Even if the link is broken and shows as broken on the tab in the Flare UI, the TOC gets overwritten every time. I tried removing the TOC from the book file, and the only difference is that the TOC is overwritten with a BLANK FILE. All my TOC entries are removed. UGH. Saving it with a new filename instead of breaking the link just made it disappear. Never saw it in any project folder. Gone.

Please advise. I think it's a bug.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »