Flare 4 resizes images on FM Import when it shouldn't

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
gkidder
Propeller Head

Flare 4 resizes images on FM Import when it shouldn't

Post by gkidder »

I'm having trouble importing graphics from FrameMaker with Flare 4. I followed the instructions to set up a new joboptions file in Distiller with all compression and downsampling set to "off". In my import file I do not have Preserve Image Size or Generate Images.. checked. However, on import Flare still resizes all my images, and the quality is unacceptable. With Preserve Image Size false, the documentation says that the images will import into Flare at the actual size of the graphic. This is the way it worked in 3.1. However, that's not how it's working in 4. How can I get Flare NOT to resize the graphics? grrrrr
gkidder
Propeller Head

Re: Flare 4 resizes images on FM Import when it shouldn't

Post by gkidder »

I've discovered accidentally that Flare resizes images when they have been imported with a specific dpi (which is the way I import all my images). I had an image that had lost its dpi setting (probably due to being resized manually by accident), and this image imported at full size. I believe this is a bug. The importer should ignore dpi settings if you've chosen to "preserve image size". Shouldn't it?
Var
Propeller Head

Post by Var »

Hello,

What kind of images – png, wmf, eps etc. Embedded or imported by reference? Can you please submit a bug to TS using https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx so we can investigate if it is indeed a bug.
Please make sure to upload the FM file as well.

Thanks
Var
Var Galpchian
MadCap Customer Care Manager
gkidder
Propeller Head

Post by gkidder »

All images are pngs and are imported into Framemaker at specific dpis. Thanks for the response. I will submit bug.