Problem with Import from Source Control

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
JohnA
Jr. Propeller Head

Problem with Import from Source Control

Post by JohnA »

I've been working with Flare 3.1 and I recently installed Flare V4. When I select Import from Source Control... on the File menu I get the error message:

Failed to run command 'Import From Source Control...'.
Exception:
Source Control: Source Control Provider DLL missing: C:\Program Files\RoboSource Control\ROBOSCDLL:DLL

This command worked fine in 3.1 and I'm stumped as to why it doesn't in V4. Has anybody seen this error and know how to fix it?

Thanks,

-john
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Problem with Import from Source Control

Post by KevinDAmery »

Hi, John, welcome to the forums.

I don't believe that Flare works with Robohelp's source control. It officially works with Microsoft source control programs (VSS and TFS) and there is also a plugin that allows it to work with SVN. (I'm more than a little surprised it worked for you in 3.x, actually....)
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
JohnA
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by JohnA »

Hi Kevin,

I'm using TFS for source control and 3.1 works with this ike a charm. However V4 gives this error. I've also got the latest version of RoboHelp installed on my machine and what interests me is that others in my group are running V4 without any problems.

-john
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Ok, in that case make sure that you have Flare 4 pointed to the correct source control, because the error you posted says "C:\Program Files\RoboSource Control\ROBOSCDLL:DLL" which sure looks like it's trying to talk to Robohelp's source control not TFS. Compare your source control setup with your colleagues systems that are working - you should be able to get it configured correctly if you match their settings.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
JohnA
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by JohnA »

Thanks. How do I point Flare to the correct source control application? I am able to bind a non-source controlled project to TFS and subsequently check out and in files etc. without any problems, but it's just the Import From Source Control command that produces the error.

-john
JohnA
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by JohnA »

I fixed this. The registry setting InstalledSCCProviders contained a value for RoboSource control and when I deleted this the Import Source Control Command in Flare verison 4 now opens the Import Control Source Control wizard etc.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

Glad it's working.

I would actually report this as a bug: Flare shouldn't automatically pick up source control systems that it can't make use of. In case you need it, you can report bug here:

http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Thanks JohnA for the answer!
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer