Converting RH 7 to Flare 4 template problem

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
dejah
Jr. Propeller Head

Converting RH 7 to Flare 4 template problem

Post by dejah »

Hi,
I am converting a project in RH7 to Flare 4. I imported all of my files into Flare but found that the banner, that is part of the template in RH, did not translate for all topics, although they show up in RH. (This may be because RH had a nasty habit of removing the template when changes were made to certain topics.:roll: ) In the HTML, the topics that have the banner have the path to the graphic, those that don't have a placeholder that isn't being resolved as it would be in RH.

Another template issue is that the title for each topic is defined in the RH template in such a way that if the topic name changes, the topic name shown in the TOC also (automagically) changes. I don't see any evidence of this translating to Flare.

Although there is a great deal of information on "templates" in the Flare user guide, it doesn't show a way to apply that to existing topics.

Is there a way to apply a template that includes a graphic to all topics in a project?

I'm new to both RH and Flare, so all help will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks,
Deb
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Converting RH 7 to Flare 4 template problem

Post by wclass »

dejah wrote: ...
Although there is a great deal of information on "templates" in the Flare user guide, it doesn't show a way to apply that to existing topics.
Is there a way to apply a template that includes a graphic to all topics in a project?
I'll start with this point. "Templates" are used as a boilerplate to create new topics. Use a master page and apply it to the output target to get headers/footers/graphics, etc after a topic has been created. In the latest version, you can also use Page Layouts to apply graphics etc to every page in printed output.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne