hyperlinks broken in Imported Word projects

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
jbronson
Jr. Propeller Head

hyperlinks broken in Imported Word projects

Post by jbronson »

Can anyone else reproduce this problem? It appears to be a Flare bug, because I'm pretty sure it started happening with 4.1, and I don't have the issue with Flare 3.1.

When I import a Word document that contains hyperlinks, Flare appears to be linking back to the original word document instead of converting the links to correctly point to the generated topics that came from the Word doc. As a result, when I generate HTML Help, the links don't do anything.

Here's what I'm doing:
- Make a Word document with two headers, and links within those headers, each one pointing to the other.
- Import the Word document using Flare's "File -> Import -> Import MS Word" to make a new project. Make the headers new topic styles and clear the "avoid empty topics" option.

When I build HTML help in Flare 4.1 the links don't work, but if I do exactly the same thing in Flare 3.1, the links work as expected.

Does anyone else get this behavior?
helen
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: hyperlinks broken in Imported Word projects

Post by helen »

When you import the document there's a tiny (frankly it ought to be bigger) checkbox on the "Source Files" tab which reads "Link Generated Files To Source Files" - it appears it is selected by default. Have you accidently left this selected per chance when you probably want to clear it? I've not tried a Word import with hyperlinks so I'm just throwing it out as an idea.
jbronson
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by jbronson »

I think I need to leave that option selected because I want to re-import the file after making changes to it. That shouldn't affect the hyperlinks.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

Yes, I can reproduce it, and it looks like a bug. I still have v3.1 on the same machine as v4.1, and I tried importing the same document, with several hyperlinks to other parts of the document, into both version with 2 different results. The behaviour has changed in v4.1.

Bug submission time at: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne