missing topic titles in search results

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
pdxwordsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

missing topic titles in search results

Post by pdxwordsmith »

Import from Frame 7, Flare 4.1x, WebHelp output.

When I use Search, some topic titles do not display in the results (but I can still click on them and go to the topic).

See screenshot.

Has anyone seen this before? I checked the topics and can't see anything obvious (in the xref markers, conditions, etc)...

Thanks (and Merry Christmas!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hanna

Flare 6.1.0, WebHelp, PDF, and Word targets, sometimes import from FM 8.0p277 and 9.0p196
Submit bugs and feature requests here: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: missing topic titles in search results

Post by LTinker68 »

Try opening the topic in the Internal Text Editor and see if there is an empty <title> tag at the top. If there is, delete the whole line -- the topic will go back to using the first heading in the topic as the topic's title.

That's assuming the topic has any heading styles, that is. If it doesn't, then you'll want to add a title to the topic's Properties screen so that it'll show up in the search.

If it's a topic you don't want to be searchable, there's also an option for that in the topic's Properties screen.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
pdxwordsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by pdxwordsmith »

One topic has two "name=" links (which I assume are coming from xref markers in Frame?)

No <title>, but it does have the <h3>. Other topics don't seem to have a <title>, yet show up in the search....
Hanna

Flare 6.1.0, WebHelp, PDF, and Word targets, sometimes import from FM 8.0p277 and 9.0p196
Submit bugs and feature requests here: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

The name links are probably bookmarks and probably aren't contained between the <head>... </head> tags. If there's no title tag then it'll use the first heading tag at the top of the topic and will automatically use that for the title. Don't know what it will do if it starts with a <p> tag instead. I would think the <h3> would act as the title, but maybe not.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.