FM table footnotes: multiple references to same?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
pdxwordsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

FM table footnotes: multiple references to same?

Post by pdxwordsmith »

FM 7.0, Flare 4.1, WebHelp output

I have several tables with multiple references to the same table footnote. From the FM documentation:
To insert more than one reference to a footnote:

1. Insert the first footnote reference.
2. If necessary, create a cross-reference format for additional footnote references.

The cross-reference format must display the footnote number correctly. For example, if footnote references are displayed in superscript, and if the document contains a Superscript character format, a cross-reference format defined as <Superscript><$paranumonly> displays the autonumber of a paragraph as a superscript. When you use it to refer to a paragraph that contains a footnote, it displays the footnote number in superscript.
3. Click where you want to insert the additional footnote reference.
4. Choose Special > Cross-Reference to insert a cross-reference to the footnote where you clicked. Use the cross-reference format you created in step 2.
5. Click Insert. FrameMaker inserts a cross-reference that is identical to the original footnote reference.
When I build the HTML, the original footnote references are lovely, but the subsequent ones show up as raw cross-reference code. The cross-reference format doesn't show up in the Import Editor.

While I'm asking, has anyone figured out how to get tables to indent to the appropriate paragraph level? I used indented paragraphs for my image anchors and it worked beautifully, but the same tactic doesn't work with tables....

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hanna

Flare 6.1.0, WebHelp, PDF, and Word targets, sometimes import from FM 8.0p277 and 9.0p196
Submit bugs and feature requests here: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
pdxwordsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: FM table footnotes: multiple references to same?

Post by pdxwordsmith »

I decided to conditionalize and it works just fine.
Hanna

Flare 6.1.0, WebHelp, PDF, and Word targets, sometimes import from FM 8.0p277 and 9.0p196
Submit bugs and feature requests here: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx