Importing a .hhp project that uses % in file names

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
Gary Niemen
Sr. Propeller Head

Importing a .hhp project that uses % in file names

Post by Gary Niemen »

I am trying to import a massive .hhp file into Flare - but I can't get it to work.
I suspect it is because there are many file names in the project that use the "%" character.
[Just to say that the .hhp project itself is automatically generated from code - so, the file naming is beyond my control.]
So, my question is: Does Flare have file naming conventions and, if so, what are they? If it is the character % that is the probelm, is there any way around it?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Importing a .hhp project that uses % in file names

Post by RamonS »

I don't have a solution at hand, but wonder what exactly does not work? I tried naming a file using the % character and it is allowed in file names under Windoze, so Flare ought to be able to create the topic file....unless you found a bug. In that case, it is the usual drill.
Gary Niemen
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Gary Niemen »

I just tried to rename a file in Flare using a % in the file name and, of course, got a message listing the characters that cannot be used in file names and % is one of them. So, what to do now? I guess I could convert all % to some other character or something...I'll have to think about it. Any other ideas?
Gary Niemen
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Gary Niemen »

Okay - I am going crazy I think. I just re-checked the original files and there are plenty of extra characters but no % characters. I don't know what made me see the % character. All of the extra characters seem to be ones allowed by Flare, for example, !, +, and $. So, I am back to square one. Something is causing the import to crash. I will do more research and get back.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Is that a crash as in "poof - gone" or a crash that produces some sort of message?
Gary Niemen
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Gary Niemen »

I will experiment some more tomorrow and get back with more info.
Gary Niemen
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Gary Niemen »

Will start a new thread.