Formatting Issue in Web Layout Unrelated to Style

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
MadCapLaura
Jr. Propeller Head

Formatting Issue in Web Layout Unrelated to Style

Post by MadCapLaura »

Greetings!

I hope that everyone is doing well and staying safe. :)
I am new to using MadCap Flare and have inherited an existing Flare project with a unique issue.

Certain topics are "cut off" (for lack of a better term) on the left-hand margin when viewing them in the XML Editor.
MadcapFlareErrorImage-1.png
I have looked into the Stylesheet to see if there is anything that could be changed from there, but it appears that everything was mostly standard on the lists, paragraph and header sections.
I am guessing that it was set up inline, which is less than ideal. :?

However, now when I preview the online version of the file, it is showing as cut off in the output. Previously, the strange formatting was only visible in the XML Editor.
MadcapFlareErrorImage-2.png
Is there a way that I can fix this issue so that the formatting is fixed within the XML Editor and within the output?
I would greatly appreciate any assistance regarding this matter!

Best Regards,
Laura
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Formatting Issue in Web Layout Unrelated to Style

Post by SteveS »

Does it still happen when you build the project and view the output?

If I were to hazard a guess I'd be looking to see if there is a width property somewhere set to an absolute value. Check your style sheet and inline formatting.

You might want to post the xml for the topic and the style sheet to see if someone can see something...
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
MadCapLaura
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by MadCapLaura »

SteveS wrote:Does it still happen when you build the project and view the output?

If I were to hazard a guess I'd be looking to see if there is a width property somewhere set to an absolute value. Check your style sheet and inline formatting.

You might want to post the xml for the topic and the style sheet to see if someone can see something...
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your response! :)

I deleted and re-downloaded the file so that that output now appears to be fine.
Now it is just the XML View that is showing with the cut off left margin. This is challenging to work with! :?
MadCap Flare - Formatting Isue.PNG
If you need any additional screen shots, please let me know. I am very new with Flare so please bear with me... :oops:

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

One of the first things I'd check is if you have your Windows display settings at anything other than 100%, as this can cause problems.

Another default thing to do is close Flare, and in Windows Explorer delete the \Analyzer and \Output folders for the affected project, as sometimes Flare gets itself confused, which messes with all sorts of things.

If those don't fix the problem you might also need to re-install .NET, making sure it's compatible with your version of Flare.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx