Cannot Remove Undefined Condition

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Telecaster52
Propeller Head

Cannot Remove Undefined Condition

Post by Telecaster52 »

Hello

I know this has been addressed before in the forums, but I'm not finding a solution.

There are undefined condition tags that refused to go away.

I've run the analysis, and the conditions are still appearing in several targets. Not a single target is including the conditions. I've analyzed the entirety of the project, and I've removed that condition from every affected .html file. The undefined conditions are still showing, and it's breaking the build.

Thank you
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Cannot Remove Undefined Condition

Post by NorthEast »

So if it's "breaking the build", are you getting a build error?
Just I wouldn't expect an undefined condition to stop a build completing.

If you've definitely removed the undefined conditions from your project, then it's probably just a corrupt Analyzer database.
Close the project and delete the Analyzer folder, and Flare will rebuild the database.
Telecaster52
Propeller Head

Post by Telecaster52 »

Dave Lee wrote:So if it's "breaking the build", are you getting a build error?
Just I wouldn't expect an undefined condition to stop a build completing.

If you've definitely removed the undefined conditions from your project, then it's probably just a corrupt Analyzer database.
Close the project and delete the Analyzer folder, and Flare will rebuild the database.
Yes, sadly, we tried that as well, to no avail. It's ok. We can work around this issue for now, but it's strange that the conditions won't disappear...
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by robdocsmith »

Just to understand... Flare thinks you are using somewhere in the project a condition that isn't defined in the Project Organizer > Conditional Text area? So when you go to build, the build fails?

Have you tried Find Text in the whole project, all file types and in Options choose Find in source code - looking for the erroneous condition name?
I'd use a text editor outside of Flare to look through every project file for the missing condition. Perhaps it's lurking in a project file instead of a content file?
It might be a slight mispelling that at a glance looks OK but is not one of the defined conditions.
What is the last file listed in the Messages area of the build log before the error occurs? Does this point to where the condition is used?

Rob
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

If the problem doesn't disappear after deleting the Analyzer folder, that suggests there is actually an undefined condition.

It might be in the target itself, which I don't think you can see or fix in the target editor.
Try opening the target in the text editor mode, and check if there's a reference to the condition - if so, delete it.

If that doesn't work, what build error do you get?
I've never seen an undefined condition cause a build error and the build to fail.
I've only seen it cause build warnings, but the condition is effectively ignored, and doesn't cause any actual problem in the output.