Not able to resize popup window for link from image map

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
kmiz
Propeller Head

Not able to resize popup window for link from image map

Post by kmiz »

I have followed the instructions in the following post to set a custom style for a popup window used for a link in an image map:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5518&p=29471&hilit ... aps#p29471

To summarize:
I created the html.popup_autosize style class.
I set the Box Width and Height properties to Auto for this style class.
I created topics that contain the image I want to link to (These topics contain only an image - no other content)
I set the style class for these topics to popup_autosize.
I opened the image map and linked to these topics, setting the target to Popup Window.
When I compile the size of the popup is the same as it was before I created the style class. That is, it is much larger than the image..

I am posting in the hope that someone sees the error of my ways!
Thanks for your help.
kmiz
Propeller Head

Re: Not able to resize popup window for link from image map

Post by kmiz »

I contacted MaCap technical support regarding resizing image map popup. They confirmed that the solution in the following post no longer works. I don't know why, but I couldn't get it to work and neither could they.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5518&p=29471&hilit=style+class+image+maps#p29471
Here is the workaround they suggested:
"As a workaround, you can insert the width and height of the pop-up window in the internal text editor, of the topic containing the image map. To do this, please use the following steps:

1. Open the topic containing the image map, in the text editor view 2. Navigate to the top of the topic, where you should find a <map> section 3. In the <area> code, please type in the following code:

MadCap:width="specified width" MadCap:height="specified height"

This will allow the pop-up window to be sized with the desired size. I have included a screen shot showing where to place this additional code."

However, you need to enter a number of pixels. Entering "auto" is not supported.
Hope this helps. They have entered a bug to have a way to do this from the UI.
Nina Esile
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Nina Esile »

Thanks for the new info.

I'm going to try it out right now and I'll let you know!

Have a great weekend.
Nina Esile
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Nina Esile »

It actually works. The popup window is the size I want.

Next problem: The content inside the popup window is formatted for a full size window and does not wrap. There is a scroll bar that I can use to scroll across the screen, but I wouldn't have to scroll at all if the text wrapped.

Going to have to think about that one. I'd like the window to know that the text should wrap, but it doesn't. I could define new styles just for popups, but I'd prefer not to have more and more styles for each size pop-up.

Onward.
kmiz
Propeller Head

Post by kmiz »

Thanks for testing this, Nina. I was linking to an image, so didn't run into the problem you described with text wrapping. However, I would be interested if you find a fix for that, just in case we need at some point to link to a topic with text.
sparklyfirefly
Propeller Head

Post by sparklyfirefly »

Please see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34074&p=145644#p145644 for my (2022) fix to this issue.