mc-multiline-indent Not Working in HTML5 Output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Keri M
Propeller Head

mc-multiline-indent Not Working in HTML5 Output

Post by Keri M »

I have set my three styles for mulit-level numbered lists so they have a 0.60 cm indent using the mc-multiline-indent property. This works fine in my print output, but for some reason does not work in my online output. Can anyone else confirm this is a bug?
shgadd
Propeller Head

Re: mc-multiline-indent Not Working in HTML5 Output

Post by shgadd »

Hi Keri,

I've not used this particular property, but the first thing I would check is the media selected when this change was made. I'm forever being caught out by accidentally only applying it to "print".
Keri M
Propeller Head

Post by Keri M »

Thank you! I am guilty of that as well--but in this case there is a bug, which I have reported to MadCap. I tried everything and could not get it working. There was a workaround that MC support provided me in the end. You have to adjust your padding and text-indent instead because the multi-line indent doesn't work in web output.
kgmarie
Propeller Head

Post by kgmarie »

I am also running into this problem (three years later, it appears).
writer_sam
Propeller Head

Post by writer_sam »

I'm using Flare 2017 R3 ... and can confirm this is still happening.

I've can use the mc-multiline-indent property in my print CSS but to get everything aligned nicely in my HTML5 output, I've had to leave it as the "default settings" so to speak and take it on the chin for that output.

According to Flare's own help, HTML 5 outputs are not supported - http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... tation.htm. Shame really. This is a really nice "get-out clause" for an annoying :roll: "feature".
To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.