Min-height of list-item

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
JuMo
Propeller Head

Min-height of list-item

Post by JuMo »

Hi,

if a list-item has a background-image then the list-item should have this height as a minimum so that the bg-image appears in full size. So in CSS the normal way is "min-height". Flare doesn´t understand this property. What can I use instead? Height is not a good way because the list-item could have more content than the bgs image height.

Greetings :)
Lydia
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Min-height of list-item

Post by Lydia »

What do you mean by "Flare doesn't understand this property." ? Are you not able to find it in the CSS or have you found and set it and it doesn't behave the way you expect it to?
Using Flare 10.2 and Flare 11 on Win 7
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

I don't think min-height works for PDF, but will work fine in help outputs.
Also, min-height settings may not appear in Flare's XML editor, so check the actual output.

If you need a solution that works for both PDF and help outputs, I'd suggest setting the padding (bottom) or line-height.
JuMo
Propeller Head

Post by JuMo »

Dave Lee wrote:If you need a solution that works for both PDF and help outputs, I'd suggest setting the padding (bottom) or line-height.
Thank you Dave! I don´t think it´s a good solution because you must imagine my content like:

Code: Select all

Image....Content
and also

Code: Select all

.......... Content
Image..... Content
.......... Content
If I would set line-height to the height of the background-image, then it option two would be look buggy. The same as with padding. So I need to use something like min-height. Why PDF doesn´t understand this?
Last edited by JuMo on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
JuMo
Propeller Head

Post by JuMo »

Lydia wrote:What do you mean by "Flare doesn't understand this property." ? Are you not able to find it in the CSS or have you found and set it and it doesn't behave the way you expect it to?
Sure, I can apply all CSS-propertys I know, but I found out that min-height doesn´t affect the output in PDF.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Some CSS doesn't work for PDF - but only MadCap can tell you what is supported and what isn't.
JuMo
Propeller Head

Post by JuMo »

Is there a Madcap-supporter who can help?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

This is a peer-to-peer forum, and although MadCap support will sometimes read this forum, you should just contact them directly if you have a question or issue.
EileenP
Propeller Head

Post by EileenP »

@JuMo, did you find a solution to this problem. I have exactly the same issue and need a minimum line height for my item in PDF. Thank you.