Place Div around multiple paragraphs without editing code

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Lisa Zinzow
Jr. Propeller Head

Place Div around multiple paragraphs without editing code

Post by Lisa Zinzow »

Whenever I select multiple paragraphs and apply a div tag, it applies the tag to each paragraph rather than wrapping the entire block. Then I go into the Text Editor tab and edit the tags to wrap the whole block. Is there a simpler way to do this?

Thanks!
Lisa :flare:
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Place Div around multiple paragraphs without editing cod

Post by Nita Beck »

Simple to do (once you know how, of course!)

Select the paragraph blocks, then go to the Home ribbon and locate and click the Group button. It's in the Paragraph group, farthest button to the right. You'll get a window asking you what kind of group you want, and you can select your div style.

HTH.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Lisa Zinzow
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Lisa Zinzow »

Wahoo! Thanks much. 8)
chuck_agari
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by chuck_agari »

Nita Beck wrote:Simple to do (once you know how, of course!)

Select the paragraph blocks, then go to the Home ribbon and locate and click the Group button. It's in the Paragraph group, farthest button to the right. You'll get a window asking you what kind of group you want, and you can select your div style.

HTH.
Nita, thanks for this. I'd never seen the "Group" functionality before--although really, when you select multiple blocks and want to apply a style, it's pretty obvious what's desired and MadCap's designers and programmers dropped the ball on this one. (And yet it works like you would expect when authoring a post here in this forum. Go figure.)
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Nita Beck wrote:Simple to do (once you know how, of course!)

HTH.
OR...

Highlight all the paragraphs and press the Tab key, which also brings up the same dialog box. (Caveat: that doesn't work if the paragraphs you select are immediately following a bulleted list.)
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx