Styles Ignored in PDF

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.

Styles Ignored in PDF

Postby TheBrittleTechWriter on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:33 pm

I have some text styled and looks correct in the Flare IDE, but is ignored in the built HTML and PDF versions. I can see the style in the editor, marked in the code, and highlighted in the Available Styles list. This includes color and bolding, it comes out in the correct font but plain. Any ideas why or where to start guessing?
TheBrittleTechWriter
Propeller Head

Re: Styles Ignored in PDF

Postby Nita Beck on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:41 pm

In each target, check the General tab to see what stylesheet is associated with the target; then check the Advanced tab to see what medium is being called. If those two things are properly set, I don't know why you shouldn't be seeing the correct styling in the output.

Of course, I am assuming that you do not have a stylesheet set at the topic level, which would take precedence over the target's stylesheet because it'd be the last stylesheet in the cascade.

Hope this is enough to get you started.
Nita
Content Strategist / Information Architect / Flare Consultant: http://beck-communications.com
Manager, Rochester Flare User Group: http://www.facebook.com/RochesterFlareUserGroup
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Styles Ignored in PDF

Postby Pacely on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:41 am

Nita Beck wrote:In each target, check the General tab to see what stylesheet is associated with the target; then check the Advanced tab to see what medium is being called. If those two things are properly set, I don't know why you shouldn't be seeing the correct styling in the output.

Of course, I am assuming that you do not have a stylesheet set at the topic level, which would take precedence over the target's stylesheet because it'd be the last stylesheet in the cascade.

Hope this is enough to get you started.

Very helpful. I was wondering why my pdf had no style to it.
I think NordVPN is very secure and fast.
Pacely
Jr. Propeller Head

Return to Styles, Stylesheets and XML