Thumbnail Not Displaying Full Size When Clicked

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
jimgilliam
Propeller Head

Thumbnail Not Displaying Full Size When Clicked

Post by jimgilliam »

Hi. I have followed the Flare help documentation, but my thumbnail image is not displaying full-size when a user clicks or hovers it.
It seems to me hardcoded to a height for some reason. I'm using Flare 2017. Is this a bug in Flare? I just followed their instructions.
Last edited by jimgilliam on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
:flare:
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Thumbnail Not Displaying Full Size When Clicked

Post by devjoe »

Popups are limited to the height or width of their containing window.

A trick I used in one of my documents where there was a 2200-pixel-tall screenshot of a sample notification email my product sends is to put the image at full size inside a drop-down. That allows it to be full size and scrollable when expanded, and still be hidden when the user does not want to see it.
jimgilliam
Propeller Head

Post by jimgilliam »

Thanks, devjoe. Where do I set the window size for a popup in Flare? I see where to define the thumbnail size but not the popup window size.
Last edited by jimgilliam on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

jimgilliam wrote:Thanks, devops. Where do I set the window size for a popup in Flare? I see where to define the thumbnail size but not the popup window size.
You can't set the popup window size in Flare - it calculates the size itself, and as devjoe says it is limited by the available width/height.
jimgilliam
Propeller Head

Post by jimgilliam »

Thanks, Dave. Guess I'm confused by Flare's help; it says it will show the full-size image in the popup. My image is 800x600, so it doesn't seem like Flare calculates the window properly because it clearly doesn't show the popup at 800x600. It looks more like 400x500.

I'll just show the full image in the topic instead of using the thumbnail option because it's not giving me the results I want.
BrianBXYPRO
Propeller Head

Post by BrianBXYPRO »

Jim,

Did you ever get an answer? I'm having the same issue. I'd like to get the images to pop-up to to the same maximum size (e.g., 1024 pixels) but I don't see any way of doing that in Flare.

Thanks,
Brian
Flare ( :flare: ) v12, Windows 10