Cross refrence link name changed

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
IT_Grazitti
Jr. Propeller Head

Cross refrence link name changed

Post by IT_Grazitti »

Hi,

Can you please help me out from this issue. i create a list where i used cross reference. Its working fine on my xml screen even text editor also. But when i generate build all links display same word. i tried to resolve a lot but i am unable to figure out. Example given below:
<ul>
<li>
<MadCap:xref href="../Specifications.htm">Specifications</MadCap:xref>
</li>
<li>
<MadCap:xref href="../Resources.htm">Resources</MadCap:xref>
</li>
<li>
<MadCap:xref href="../DocuSign.htm">DocuSign</MadCap:xref>
</li>
</ul>

This output looks like below:
Why sample
Why sample
Why sample

Thanks!
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Cross refrence link name changed

Post by devjoe »

Your cross-references are probably set up to copy the title of the linked topic, so that is replacing the anchor text in your document. The problem is that your topics all have the title "Why sample" so you need to fix the topics to have correct titles.

Alternatively, it is possible that your default cross-reference style has been modified to show this text instead of the topic title. Check the definition of MadCap|xref in your stylesheet.
asbahr+
Propeller Head

Re: Cross refrence link name changed

Post by asbahr+ »

I was having the same problem. I finally figured out that the top nav project I was building had an H1 style in the div above the body proxy on the master page. When the project built and then updated the cross references it was picking up the title of the H1 style from the first div in the master page instead of the H1 style in the body proxy. I changed the style to a p style and rebuilt. All of my Cross references were fixed. Hurray!