Pseudo element : first line and selection still not working

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Tjeska97
Jr. Propeller Head

Pseudo element : first line and selection still not working

Post by Tjeska97 »

I've got three of the five available pseudo elements in the stylesheet editor working.

Selected HTML element <p>, entered a Class Name and selected a pseudo element for everyone of them.

The first-line pseudo element fails, in the Advanced view i changed the font color and saved it: p.first-line:first-line, so i was at the pseudo element level.
For the Selection pseudo element i changed the font color and the Background - background-color attribute). Didn't work either.

Neither of the two worked in Text Editor or output PDF or output HTML5.

Does anyone have an idea where I went wrong?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Pseudo element : first line and selection still not work

Post by NorthEast »

Tjeska97 wrote:I've got three of the five available pseudo elements in the stylesheet editor working.

Selected HTML element <p>, entered a Class Name and selected a pseudo element for everyone of them.

The first-line pseudo element fails, in the Advanced view i changed the font color and saved it: p.first-line:first-line, so i was at the pseudo element level.
For the Selection pseudo element i changed the font color and the Background - background-color attribute). Didn't work either.

Neither of the two worked in Text Editor or output PDF or output HTML5.

Does anyone have an idea where I went wrong?
I just tried this and first-line works ok in HTML5 outputs.
But it does not work for PDF outputs, and isn't displayed when you look at the topic in Flare's XML editor.
Tjeska97
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Tjeska97 »

Thanks a lot Dave. Got the first-line working now too.

About the selection pseudo element i found this:

Note: The ::selection pseudo-element was drafted for CSS Selectors Level 3, but removed before the Recommendation status. So, at the moment, the ::selection pseudo-element is not in any specification. (However, it may be re-added to future CSS specifications.)

on

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_selection.asp

Can anyone corroborate that this is true, so it is not supported in MCF?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Tjeska97 wrote:Thanks a lot Dave. Got the first-line working now too.

About the selection pseudo element i found this:

Note: The ::selection pseudo-element was drafted for CSS Selectors Level 3, but removed before the Recommendation status. So, at the moment, the ::selection pseudo-element is not in any specification. (However, it may be re-added to future CSS specifications.)

on

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_selection.asp

Can anyone corroborate that this is true, so it is not supported in MCF?
Depends what you mean by "supported".

The Flare stylesheet editor doesn't show you all CSS pseudo-elements and CSS properties.

However, you can edit the stylesheet in text mode and add any CSS yourself, and it'll work in the HTML5 output - as long as the browser supports that CSS.

The CSS may not display correctly in the Flare XML editor, and it may not work in certain outputs like PDF or Word. For these outputs, don't expect CSS3 to work.
It should work fine in HTML5 targets though.