Adding Padding to Master Page or All Topics

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
rcrawford_Athena
Jr. Propeller Head

Adding Padding to Master Page or All Topics

Post by rcrawford_Athena »

We're trying to add spacing to all our topics in Flare to look a little more presentable. I've tried adding inline padding CSS to our Flare master page .html file and updating the <body> tag in our Master .css file, but neither seem to work. There does seem to be some extra gray space in Flare, but it looks the same when I actually output the files.

I know it should be a pretty easy fix, but I'm just not coming up with it. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
spaced.png
noSpace.png
Thanks,

Ben
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
devans
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Adding Padding to Master Page or All Topics

Post by devans »

Have you checked that the medium is set to the Non-Print option, both when you're viewing your content and updating your styles? You could be mistakenly updating your print styles.
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cdschroeder »

What type of output are you generating? Depending on your target type, there might be better ways to add white space without directly modifying the stylesheet. For example, for PDF output, open the page layout and adjust the size of the body frame. For HTML5 top-nav, open the top-nav skin and adjust the main page padding/size.
Casey

rcrawford_Athena
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by rcrawford_Athena »

Thanks. I'm trying to output HTML5 and PDF. I can treat them separately though so that's no problem. I have the default medium set since we output to both so that could be it too.

I'll work on your suggestions cdschroeder, thanks.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

If you're using the HTML5 Top Nav skin, then you can set padding in the skin: Styles > Main Page > Padding.

Do not set margins/padding on the body tag if you're using Top Nav.
The body contains an awful lot more than just your topic content.