Heading Autonumbering Issues by Newbie

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
catherinewijman
Jr. Propeller Head

Heading Autonumbering Issues by Newbie

Post by catherinewijman »

hi all

so, I am new to Flare and kind of loving it, had a couple of days training and got a lot out of it but we did not get time to cover autonumbering headings - jeez, I get bits to work and others not.

I have tried with the chapnum and with GH.

I get confused with forume entries saying yes use GH but also use chapter break/don't use chapter break etc

I currently have the following:

h1
{
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 150%;
margin-top: 1em;
mc-auto-number-format: 'GH:{n+} ';
mc-auto-number-position: inside-head;
}

h2
{
font-size: 130%;
mc-auto-number-format: 'GH:{n}.{n+} ';
}

h3
{
font-size: 120%;
mc-auto-number-format: 'GH:{n}.{n}.{n+} ';

I have also used outside frame

third issue - so not sure which I should be using for the position

second issue - I get the numbering to work for h1, h2, h3 in one chapter but I have to cut and paste all content into one page of my book. If I don't then I have my h1 one on page and my h2 etc on another page (which is how I originally loaded the clean word doc into flare) but h2 states 0.1. problem here then is that I have for example:

Introduction
Overview (which then becomes empty)
What is PLANet (which now is where my h2 and rest of that chapter 2 is so that the numbering works) (except for the h1 increments)

first issue - I cannot get my h1 to increment as 1, 2, etc

fourth issue - once I get a chapter to work and save it and then make a change in another or run a build to see how it looks, the whole thing loses what I have set in the mc's when I go back into it !!!

in the general tab i linked the fltoc (is this correct), in printed output do I use chapter Break, in Auto-numbers I have my first chapter set to Reset to: 1 with Format: decimal, then in second h1 chapter I use increment in chapter number, same as previous in volume (not sure I need volume

As I said, very new to this (FM girl originally), company paid for 2 days only training, been getting on fine until the numbering.

I have been doing it in default mode.

output eventually is going to be Online Help and PDF

I know it is something probably really stupid I am doing but boy does it get frustrating after a while.

thanks in advance to all
Catherine
Rene Severens
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Heading Autonumbering Issues by Newbie

Post by Rene Severens »

Hi,

There are several options to use chapternumbering. It might become a bit confusion when you combine the options partially.

Have a look at this topic to see what I did, to get an idea how chaternumbers can be used:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26847

Greetings,
Rene
"The numbers are strange today; they somehow do not seem to add up."
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Heading Autonumbering Issues by Newbie

Post by SteveS »

There are a couple of things I can see here...

I prefer to create a generic style so I can still use my heading styles without autonumbering:
Multilevel1.png
This is the style sheet:
Multilevel2.png
And the xhtml:
Multilevel3.png
Don't forget for your multilevel list to work across topics you will need to publish the project and view the output.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.