Top Navigation Menu Styles

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
JDFinn
Propeller Head

Top Navigation Menu Styles

Post by JDFinn »

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up my top navigation menu similar to Flare's, so I've used the same skin settings from a template and then modified the colors/font only. I'm close, but I can't seem to figure out how the drop-down part of the menu has a box in theirs, but not in mine. Where is this box defined?

This is Flare's with a gray box around the 2nd level...
Flares.png
This is mine...
Mine.png
Thanks for your help!
Joanne
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Top Navigation Menu Styles

Post by cdschroeder »

Open the Top Nav skin and expand the Menu section (not Menu Item). Look at the 1st Level > Background > Color - it's probably transparent. Changing the color should fix your issue. You may want to check out the 2nd/3rd/4th level backgrounds as well, if your TOC has additional levels.
Casey

JDFinn
Propeller Head

Post by JDFinn »

Thanks. I've tried all combinations. That level does have a background color, similar to the one in Flare. I went line by line and compared mine to Flare's template....even had it set up for the exact same colors. But for some reason that block does not display around my lower-level menu/menu items.
JDFinn
Propeller Head

Post by JDFinn »

Here's what it looks like with lower level menu items displaying.
lowerlevel.png
That gray around v7.7.30 in the graphic is what I want to display around both v.7.7.30 and v7.7 instead of each one individually.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cdschroeder »

Check the medium at the top. Are you by chance in the Tablet or Mobile medium? If so, switch to the Web medium and make your changes there.

If you are still having issues, create a new skin using the MadCap defaults and migrate your settings over a few at a time (testing the menu as you go). This should help isolate the issue. I'm still highly suspicious of the Menu > 1st Level > Background, because it's the only way that I can reproduce what you're showing.
Casey