Autonumbering working great except Word formatting

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
daphneb
Jr. Propeller Head

Autonumbering working great except Word formatting

Post by daphneb »

Hi, I'm writing procedures and using the following system to autonumber:

Code: Select all

p
{
	mc-auto-number-format: '{size 11pt}{color #445879}{b}{n+}.0{/b}{/color}{/size}   ';
}

blockquote p
{
	mc-auto-number-format: '{size 11pt}{color #445879}{b}{n}.{n+}{/b}{/color}{/size}   ';
}
(How it works is, a paragraph is the first level, a paragraph within a blockquote is the next level, and a paragraph within a blockquote within a blockquote is the third level. And for paragraphs that shouldn't be numbered I apply a "nonumber" class.)

All is well EXCEPT that the markdown (I think that's what it is) formatting isn't recognized in Word output. The numbers (in Word) are correct, but they're not dark blue & bold.

I'm hoping there's a CSS solution for this, maybe? Without having to change all my xml? The system is working so nicely for online and PDF outputs.

Thanks,

Daphne
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Autonumbering working great except Word formatting

Post by Nita Beck »

I don't have access to Flare at the moment so cannot check this. But I have seen issues with Word output when auto-numbers are formatted with the "markup" as you call it, things like {b}.

I suggest that instead of designing your formatting as you have, you create two span styles, one for the first instance and the other for the second. Then, in your CSS of p and blockquote p, use the "mc-auto-number-class" attribute and select the applicable span.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!