Bullets Not Staying in DIVs

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
jimgilliam
Propeller Head

Bullets Not Staying in DIVs

Post by jimgilliam »

Hi. I have styled a DIV and within it I have a <p> and an unordered list (<ul><li>). In Flare's editor, the div and style shows fine. However, in Preview and in any browser, the layout is distorted.
Is this a bug in Flare, or am I doing something else wrong? This type of code works fine when I create a html page using Dreamweaver, so I'm assuming this is a Flare bug.

Here is the code I use, and I've attached pictures of how the distortion occurs in Flare 12 r3.

<h1>Test Topic One H1</h1>
<div style="border:1px solid;">
<p>Delete this text and replace it with your own content. It always looks bold in the editor. Delete this text and replace it with your own content. It always looks bold in the editor. Delete this text and replace it with your own content. It always looks bold in the editor. Delete this text and replace it with your own content. It always looks bold in the editor. Delete this text and replace it with your own content. It always looks bold in the editor.</p>
<ul>
<li>Now this is the <b>second</b> paragraph. It always looks bold in the editor. Delete this text and replace it with your own content. It always looks bold in the editor. Delete this text and replace it with your own content.</li>
<li>Here is another bullet.</li>
<li>adfafd</li>
</ul>
</div>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:flare:
TWAnnie
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Bullets Not Staying in DIVs

Post by TWAnnie »

Hi jimgilliam,

The structure bar seems to indicate that your <ul>element is inside your <p> element; and it doesn't show the <div> element.

I copied your code and tried it; looks fine and it keeps the bulleted list inside the div with the border.
To compare, here's what my structure bar looks like with that code:
structure_bar.png
Maybe double-check your code? Is there a closing element missing or something?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Good luck and good writing!
TWAnnie
jimgilliam
Propeller Head

Post by jimgilliam »

Hi TWAnnie. I'm not sure why the div didn't show up before, but it is there. I did try inserting a Flare textbox from the insert tab, and that must have jerked something into gear in Flare, because now it all works. Sometimes, I think Flare has issues if the writer manually codes HTML into the editor.
:flare:
TWAnnie
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by TWAnnie »

Glad things are working for you now.

Html and css can be quirky; that's why I love snippets. I just put the 'difficult' code in a snippet, insert it in the topic, convert it to text and then edit the content. Lifesaver.
Good luck and good writing!
TWAnnie