Table Continuation with Repeated image

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
dle
Propeller Head

Table Continuation with Repeated image

Post by dle »

Hello,

I needed a print document that has a long long list of parts on the right side of the page, and on the left side of the page is an image that has reference to the table.
This is so that the user can have the relevant image alongside the parts list.

I was thinking that this could be done with a continuing caption, but the contents of the table caption is an image. This way, every time a table gets cut off, the caption-image is repeated. If that's possible, how would I be able to ensure that the image remains on the left hand side? At some point, as the list continues, the images may need to change.

I want to make the TOC as transferable as possible for different products, so creating a page layout with specific decoration image wont work for me since it has to be dynamic and based off of the list.

What can I do?
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Table Continuation with Repeated image

Post by devjoe »

I think I found a solution for you:

Code: Select all

<table style="page-break-before:always;">
            <col style="width: 250px;" />
            <col />
            <tbody>
                <tr>
                    <td style="background-image: url('image/your_image.png');"> </td>
                    <td>Your long list here</td>
                </tr>
            </tbody>
        </table>
The first cell is empty, but has a background image of your parts diagram. Flare lets you specify this background image in cell properties. The page break on the table ensures that it starts at the top of the page (and not at some random place, where the image might not appear in full on the first page). The second cell has your more-than-a-page-long list. The background repeats at the start of each page in the PDF.

Set the width of the first column to the width of your image, since the image is not actually in the cell and you need something to hold the space.
dle
Propeller Head

Re: Table Continuation with Repeated image

Post by dle »

Thanks Devjoe, I will definitely give this a shot and update with my findings!