TopNav menu item placement - Solved

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
carmonli
Propeller Head

TopNav menu item placement - Solved

Post by carmonli »

I'm using 2017 r2 to create my TopNav help.

Here's a sample of my menu. For a real deliverable, all menu items have submenus - in this example, VMViewRead is just the name of a linked TOC that I had deleted in this test copy of my project. (The orange letters are the end of our company logo.)
Menu1.png
When I hover over the unlinked item, it simply turns into a slightly darker shade of blue, with no other changes, as I expect:
Menu2.png
But when I hover over a men item that is actually a link, the entire menu item seems to shift to the right, and the menu item appears higher:
Menu3.png
Can anyone tell me which CSS entry I should be looking at to fix this issue? I see a number of stylesheet entries relating to "hover".

Thanks for any advice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by carmonli on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeedrummer
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: TopNav menu item placement

Post by zeedrummer »

Hi Carmonli.

Try adjusting the padding for the menu in your skin.

Skin Editor > Menu > Menu Item > Padding
carmonli
Propeller Head

Re: TopNav menu item placement

Post by carmonli »

Thanks, but that didn't solve the problem. I tried making the padding value smaller, larger, and removing it altogether - no difference. I have a support call open with MadCap and they haven't been able to solve it either...
carmonli
Propeller Head

Re: TopNav menu item placement - Solved

Post by carmonli »

MadCap support eventually did find a solution to this problem... a simple fix in the stylesheet:

Code: Select all

ul.navigation > li
{
	margin:0;
}