Numbered list across table rows

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
kerimucci
Propeller Head

Numbered list across table rows

Post by kerimucci »

Hi,

I am trying to create a checklist to be used to deploy our software in PDF/HTML5 formats. I created a table where I list one task per row, and I'd like the numbered list to continue numbering across each row. I created the class ol.TableBullet and applied it, but it is restarting at 1 in each row. How can I achieve what I am after?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Numbered list across table rows

Post by NorthEast »

See the help: http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... -Lists.htm (Continuing the Sequence of Lists)
kerimucci
Propeller Head

Post by kerimucci »

That unfortunately isn't working in this case. It does within paragraphs, but not tables.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I think you might need to set up a p class with autonumbering and include your steps as paragraphs within your tables. I'm not certain as I don't use p classes with autonumbers (I can get away with just using ol and ul for my lists), but that might do the trick for you.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
kerimucci
Propeller Head

Post by kerimucci »

Thanks, ChoccieMuffin. That seems to be the only way to get it working as I need it to.
dogsma
Propeller Head

Post by dogsma »

ChoccieMuffin to the rescue!

It seems to be working perfectly in my tables.
I came from FrameMaker years ago with those p autonumber classes and have always keep the autonumber p class around for cross-references to steps.
Shredder
Propeller Head

Post by Shredder »

kerimucci wrote:Hi,

I am trying to create a checklist to be used to deploy our software in PDF/HTML5 formats. I created a table where I list one task per row, and I'd like the numbered list to continue numbering across each row. I created the class ol.TableBullet and applied it, but it is restarting at 1 in each row. How can I achieve what I am after?
Hi, you can also adjust the list number manually, that saves you the hassle of having to deal with autonumbers.
  • Right-click on the the ul/ ol in the structure bar on the left
    Select "List Start Number"
    Set the number
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by doloremipsum »

Shredder is right, and that solution is probably fine for a once-off where you really need to set the list to start at a specific number. But I don't think it's a good idea for a consistent structure like the checklist, because each time you add a new step to one of the sections, you'd need to manually update the list-start-number on every following section! Best to let Flare handle it automatically for you.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.