Footnotes styles not being applied to Print output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
DaeguKat
Jr. Propeller Head

Footnotes styles not being applied to Print output

Post by DaeguKat »

We've added footnotes to a topic successfully, and I modified all Footnote styles I could find in the Stylesheet.

Within the topic in Flare, the footnote styles are showing up correctly; but when I build the project in PDF, the footnotes are taking on the p style, not the Footnote style I've applied.

in the topic, it is showing that each footnote is styled as "Madcap:footnoteBlock" and they are all inside of a "Madcap:footnotesBlock".

Is there something else I need to do to apply footnote styles to print output?

Thank you!
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Footnotes styles not being applied to Print output

Post by robdocsmith »

Very late to the party here... but adding a comment so others can find the solution...

I've just been having similar footnote headaches and have come up with a workaround (have filed a bug report).

If you specify the footnote position as 'default', the madcap|footnoteBlock and madcap|footnotesBlock styles are used correctly.
If you specify the footnote position as something else such as 'topic' or 'page', Flare breaks the footnote definition out into a <div><p></p></div> structure. This structure does not use the same styles as the madcap ones.
The solution is to define .footnoteBlock {} and .footnotesBlock {} styles instead (or as well if you prefer). So mine are:

Code: Select all

.footnoteBlock
{
	font-size: 9pt;
	margin-left: 4mm;
	text-indent: -4mm;
}

.footnotesBlock
{
	margin: 0;
	padding: 0;
	padding-top: 2mm;